Skip to main content

A lot of catching up to do.

If you're a regular visitor to this blog, you will have noticed that you haven't been a regular visitor to this blog for the past few months, as there hasn't been anything to regularly visit. "Why is this?" you ask, desperate, concerned, "Nathan, are you okay? Have you had some hard personal issues? Have you been struggling at school? Are you depressed? Are-" 

No. I am none of those things. I am just really, really, really lazy. 

As a result of my laziness, this blog has become a depressing, empty wasteland, with no stuff being reviewed, despite what the name promises. However, that's about to change, as I'm going to start reviewing stuff again and, to make sure this doesn't happen again, I'm going to set up a review schedule for the next couple of weeks. So, for your viewing pleasure, here is the upcoming review schedule (no promises, however, as I am still just as lazy as before);

Today - This post, Minions Review
Friday 23rd - Ant Man Review
Sunday 25th - Inside Out Review
Tuesday 27th - Bill Review
Thursday 29th - The Martian Review

I've also decided to completely change my review style. Beforehand, I grouped things into, well, groups and gave each group an individual score. This helped me to give a final, overall out of ten score for the film,  but in every other respects, it was really annoying. It made the review overlong, it prevented me from writing certain sentences I wanted to write, because they didn't fit anywhere and it was just really stupid. From now on, I've decided I'm going to write my review however the heck I want. No silly structure or anything like that, the only rule will be that I have to give it a final score out of ten. 

So yeah, now you can go on with your life safe in the knowledge that this blog might actually produce some content. 

Maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Catch-Up

As I've mentioned in my review of Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born , there are a number of films I tragically didn't get the opportunity to review whilst Doctor Who was on. There are still a couple more I want to give full reviews to (hopefully before the end of the year) but right now I'm going to catch up on the majority of the films I missed with another collection of capsule reviews. It's a Christmas miracle! The Post I somehow forgot to write about this one when I did my last catch-up, but that doesn’t matter, because I can write about it now! The Post is a Spielberg film in a similar vein to 2015’s surprisingly brilliant Bridge of Spies . With the content itself not being as fantastical as what Spielberg is known for, his brilliant filmmaking skills are given extra space to shine. This is most noticeable in the incredible way the cinematography reflects the discomfort Meryl Streep’s Kay Graham feels when entering a room filled with stuffy ...

Is Super 8 Any Good?

Super Gr8 Super 8 - A Late Film Review by Nathan Brooks Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of a train exploding. A little while back, Disney bought Star Wars off of George Lucas. Shortly afterwards, they announced they were going to make not one, not two, not three, not four, not fi- oh no wait, it is five. Five new Star Wars films, the first of which, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, is being directed by J.J. Abrams. The real question, however, is whether Abrams will do a good job of it or not. Well, this is the film that makes me confident he will. Story On it's own the story isn't extremely amazing, it's just about a bunch of kids discovering a government conspiracy, although it is still interesting. It doesn't reveal too much, meaning you're kept in the dark throughout the majority of the film, so you're always wanting to find out what happens next. The thing is though, that's sort of a sub plot. The main part of the story is th...

Molly's Game Review

Up until this point, Aaron Sorkin has exclusively been a writer. Responsible for creating iconic TV shows such as  The West Wing and The Newsroom , as well as recently penning the screenplays for  The Social Network and  Steve Jobs , Sorkin's dense, witty and rapid-fire style is successful with critics and audiences alike. However, Molly's Game marks Sorkin's first time in the director's chair. Unlike The Social Network and Steve Jobs , where Sorkin's writing was filtered through directors David Fincher and Danny Boyle respectively, this is purely his vision . Is it any good, or is it just an indulgent attempt to cram as many words into 140 minutes as possible? There is no doubt that Molly's Game is an Aaron Sorkin film. Dialogue is the centre of attention and for good reason: it's excellent. Of course, it isn't exactly naturalistic. Every line sounds like one that you come up with an hour after a conversation and wish you'd said instead. Howe...